- Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her. John 8:7 NIV
- Raise your hand if this is you.
- But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. Matthew 5:39
- Have you ever lashed out at anyone you were angry with – ‘ever done a vengeful deed?
- For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker. James 2:11
- Have you ever cheated on someone? Have you ever killed someone? (No? Did you go to war?)
- When you sit to dine with a ruler, note well what is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony. Proverbs 23:1, 2
- Do you overeat or drink too much?
- Hosea Chapter 4 (You must look this one up on your own and read the whole chapter. You will get an interesting view of yourself.)
- This will surely give you an idea of just how much with or without sin you actually are.
- Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. Romans 13:7
- How often have you been 100% honest on your taxes?
- Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 1John 3:4
- Wow. It says “everyone,” not some of you.
- He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Matthew 25:45
- How do you treat animals, people with different beliefs, children, people with disabilities, people you are not fond of, people who live a lifestyle you can’t/won’t understand? Have you ridiculed anyone lately?
- Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- This is easy. If what you are saying or doing does not resemble love, then you are simply doing it wrong.
As defined above, there are different kinds of heroes. Men who fought in wars do not hold the definition of hero alone. Caitlyn is a hero to some, and it is not any higher science that she is not seen in the same way some see a war hero. I highly doubt that anyone is suggesting that. You cannot compare Caitlyn to a war hero, just as you cannot compare a war hero to a brave woman who has fought her hardest to overcome a deadly illness. Moreover, because she is not a hero to you, does not mean she is not a hero to someone else. Likewise, one who is a hero to you may not be to someone else. (Mind blown?) Just because you cannot understand something (or refuse to), does not mean it is not real or true for someone else. Perhaps it is a signal that it is time to stretch your brain, your mind, and more importantly, your heart!
So… about those stones you were throwing? Instead, how about you kick rocks on your judgements and stop bullying. Besides, realize that stone might be returned one day!